Law of Thirds Roulette Strategy
The Law Of Thirds strategy isn’t easy to master and you shouldn’t try it unless you’re quite experienced at roulette. It’s very similar to the Dozens and Columns system, so I recommend you have a look at that strategy for comparison.
Dozens and Columns requires you place riskier outside bets and to also double your bet after a loss. The Law Of Thirds system is slightly different. You’ll still need to place outside bets with 2 to 1 odds, but you’ll be paying more attention to the wheel and only betting when you think you’ll win.
View this video for a tutorial on how to use the Law of Thirds system, or read below for an in-depth guide for implementing the strategy. All of our roulette tutorials are available on Youtube, so make sure you subscribe to our channel.
How To Use The Law Of Thirds System
There is no betting format in the Law Of Thirds strategy, so you can bet whatever you feel comfortable with. Bear in mind that there is no system of follow-up bets should you lose, so there’s no guarantee that you can win back any losses.
There are two different ways to use this system and they both require you to pay attention to the wheel and where the ball lands:
- If you notice the ball landing in one dozen or column more than the others, bet on the other two columns. In theory, the ball should land in each slot at least once every 37 spins. While it’s statistically unlikely that this will reliably happen, there’s a good chance of the ball landing in the two thirds you’ve bet on.
- Alternatively, if you notice the ball landing equally in two dozens or columns, then bet in those these two. You’re trying to catch the wheel while it’s still showing a bias towards these dozens/columns. While this latter point is pure gambler’s fallacy, your bets should give you a good chance anyway since you’re covering nearly two thirds of the table.
That’s all there really is to it. As I said , it’s probably best to avoid this system if you’re a beginner. While you may think that covering two thirds of the wheel is to your advantage, you can’t rely on this system unless you have a betting strategy to recoup your losses.
- Total control over your bets.
- Covering two thirds of the wheel certainly puts the odds in your favour.
- No set way of recovering losses.
- Requires a lot of thought from the player, and is based on luck more than strategy.