Labouchere Roulette Strategy
The Labouchere system is slightly more difficult to understand than a lot of other roulette systems, but it’s highly effective. As long as you’re careful about what you’re betting, then you should be able to make a profit.
When implementing the Labouchere system, I insist you have a pen and paper handy: you’re gonna need it. This strategy is a negative progression system, so you’ll be betting more when you lose.
View this video for a tutorial on how to use the Labouchere system, or read below for an in-depth guide for implementing the strategy. All of our roulette tutorials are available on Youtube, so make sure you subscribe to our channel.
How To Use The Labouchere System
First, you need to choose an amount you want to win. If all goes well, this will be the amount that you end up with once the system has run its course. After that you need to split your winning amount into separate numbers; here’s an example to show what I mean:
I want to win 45, so I split this sum into 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, which add up to 45.
These don’t have to be consecutive numbers; however it’s probably easier for you to remember if they are. This is when your pen and paper come into play.
Write the numbers down, then add the two outside numbers (which will be 1+9 in my example) together, this will give you your bet. If you win, cross off the two outside numbers and bet on the next two (2+7 from my example); if you lose, place the amount you previously bet as an outside number, so the sequence will now look like this: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Here’s an example of the Labouchere system:
I want to win 15, so I use the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Place 6 units (1+5) and win (+6)
- Place 6 units (2+4) and lose (0)
- Place 8 units (2+6) and win (+8)
- Place 7 units (3+4) and lose (+1)
- Place 10 units (3+7) and win (+11)
- Place 4 units (4 by itself) and lose (+7)
- Place 8 units (4+4) and win (+15)
There are two things to take away from this. The first is that I won my desired amount, the second is that I managed to do so without a winning or losing streak. This system works regardless of lucky or unlucky streaks, however your bets can get a bit out of hand if you do run up a losing streak.
This may all be a bit confusing at first, but once you’ve given the system a try you’ll see how easy it is to reach your target without having to rely on winning streaks. A winning streak isn’t necessary for this system, but it never hurts! Once you’ve crossed off all the numbers you’ve written down, rinse and repeat.
- Easy to manage your bets as you choose exactly when you should stop before you’ve even started.
- Doesn’t rely on winning or losing streaks to bring in large wins.
- Has a clear finishing point for the player to count their winnings and stop.
- A losing streak at the right time won’t have much of an effect on your bets.
- A losing streak at the wrong time can make your bets get out of hand.
- Requires some planning from the player beforehand.